Saturday, January 19, 2008

Making Of Blame Us.................Literally Blame Us......

So after the grueling and tiring day at sea i was back home sleeping happily.When my friend calls me in the morning at 10:00 AM and asks me a favor.

Venky(Artist) called to ask if i would be willing to give my home for some of the editing sessions for our upcoming movies.I was ok with it and asked why wasn't he doing it at Vinays Place as usual.HE told that Vinay had gone out of station thats why i being was bugged.I told him alright and asked him when he was coming.He said by 1:00 pm .so i got up got ready.

Even before Venky arrived Abhijeet(Bubby) arrived at my place .He told me that Venky was coming to edit a new movie they had been working on .I didnt know about the new video.I was told by Venky that Shekar(Shaky) was doin some video.But didnt know that Venky would be doing it with him.

So Venky also arrived at around 1:30.I inquired about Shaky he said that he was on his way .Until then i was briefed about the new video .And i was screened the video.I liked it but some scenes i didnt understand ...i mean i couldnt understand their need to be in the video.It was just like exaggerating the scenes.

What ever Venky said it was all Shaky's idea so i didn't comment anything. After Shaky also arrived with his friend Sricharan(Srichu) the musician.I understood at that moment that some new music will be created again like before .They brought with them all the speakers and amplifiers and guitar.We set the system according to the needs and the session started .










They started going thru each scene and composing different tunes for that scene.Venky had already edited the Video part of the video only audio part had to be edited.And when Shaky arrived he asked me to narrate for the video.At first i thought either Shaky didn't know me and my voice or he was out of his mind.But even Venky didn't say anything about this idea of me narrating so i also thought i should give it a try who knew if it could help.


So Venky and Srichu were preparing the audio and Shaky sat down to write the dialogues which i had to narrate.He finished it all in 10 minutes or even less.I then practised them with Shaky giving him an idea of how my voice would be .To my astonishment he was very pleased the way i spoke and said that it would exactly suite the video.I didnt know what to say so i also played along.


The whole evening we were mostly doing the music .By 7 pm it was done .So now my part came up .I had to narrate my lines.I started off and all the lines were recorded without taking any retakes or any kind of modulation.I never thought that it would be that simple.But some how i wasn't pleased with the work which i had produced but then everyone else were pleased so i didn't say anything.


After about 15 minutes all was done and now the grueling part of Venky started of editing all the audio parts at the right places in the video.Shaky had gone away to drop Srichu.




By the time he returned most of the editing part was done.just some final touches were to be given.The music part had come out really well but i still had some doubts with my voice work.I felt that i could have done better than that or the video might do well with some other persons voice but then......

At around 9:30 Bubby came again he saw the video and was all praises about the voice work and the music and all of it.He was very pleased with how everythig had shaped up.So i didnt want to think any more about my narration.







Every thing had to be uploaded and sent by 12:00 so we finished it by 11:30 and uploaded a low quality one before and sent it to the IIT guys.

Everyone left from my home at around 11:45 and i was still working on uploading the better quality version.After it was done i too switched off and went to slpeep. My work for the day was done ..............

No comments: